Sunday, September 21, 2008
Quick and Easy Layout - Whale Bones
Short on time? Simplicity is key in this layout, Whale Bones!
Here's how: (instructions are for a 12"x12" layout but 8-1/2"X12" scrappers can modify for their needs!)
1. Select three different papers. I used two sheets from Basic Grey's Periphery Collection and a large creamy scrap from Crate Paper. Use the patterned design as the background. Center and adhere 8-1/2" x 12" cream sheet of cardstock to background sheet.
2. Use a corner rounder to round top right edge of photo.
3. You will use the third sheet of paper/cardstock as a photo mat and for the strips. Cut photo mat to size leaving a 1/4" border. (Optional step: Before adhering photo to mat, use an inkpad to lightly color the edges of photo and mat and let dry. I used white ink.)
3. After ink dries, adhere photo to mat and set aside.
4. Take remaining paper that matches photo mat and cut into strips (approx 3/8" x 11".) You can very the lengths. (option: Use inkpad to lightly color the edges of strips as noted above.)
5. After ink dries, adhere strips to cream paper at varying angles, leaving room in between for journaling.
6. Use rub ons for title. I used Misunderstood, White and Kellerman, White.
7. Add journaling.
8. Add journaling embellishments. I used pewter snowflake eyelet shapes. You can also use snowflake brads for an even simpler option.
9. Add a rub on sentiment to photo. I used Gypsy Harvest Musings, Cream. Rub on states, "Life is a journey, not a guided tour".
You're done! Now let me see YOUR version of this layout! You can e-mail your layouts to me here! I might just pick a few to showcase here on the blog!